Sunday, September 25, 2005

Day 9 - Lerici

After our long long long walk yesterday we decided we would sleep in and then spend one more day in Lerici just relaxing adn getting caught up on email stuff, sleep, etc. I was woken to the lady we're renting from very urgently letting me know (in mostly Italian with a few English words) that i had to move our car from the lot that i was parked in NOW or it was going to be towed. Apparently there was a big car rally going on so our card had to go. So she drove me down there (still half asleep), about 1 km from our place, right away and i moved the car and then she drove me back.
Me and Faye then walked the kilometer or so into Lerici and spent the next few hours sitting around, exploring abit, each on our own, drinking vino, adn me trying to update my blog. It turns out though that i've been writing quite abit, so it takes awhile to type it all out. It's especially distracting when the only place in town with internet (1 computer) is a great little bar, owned by a French guy who loves to talk, adn has great vino on tap for cheap. Around 3:30, me and Faye met up and paid to go into the huge castle on the point sticking off the bay that the twon is in. There was a small war pictures art exhibit going on. Faye decided that she's still burnt out from yesterday adn so she left me and went home for a siesta. So right now, i'm sitting on top of the castle walls, looking down over the bay and the town, drinking vino from a juice box (weird, but good) and writing in my journal. I thikn i'll head down to the internet place again and sip some more vino and finish updating my blog, then probably go for a swim.

----------------------------------

Later on that day

----------------------------------

After finishing mz vino on the castle, I went back to the internet bar for another hour to trz and catch up on mz blog and sipped two more glasses of vino from the tap (Clark should get one of those). Again, the ladz gave me a break. Internet is supposed to be 5 Euro/hour, but the first time she gave me 2 glasses of vino an hour for 5 Euro, then onlz 7 Euro for the same thing the second time.
It was 6ish by this point and I still hadn't gone swimming and the sun was just about to set, so I decided what better a time for my first swim in the Mediteranean than sunset during my last night there. The beaches were empty bz this point, so i went down adn ws on of two people on the whole beach in the water. I swam quite a way out to the big break water rocks and then walked back along the rocks.
Back to the B&B, then dinner with Faye around the corner, then home to bed early.
Great relaxing day.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Blake said...

You're in Italia and I'm rotating between Korea and Japan. We must be driving are moms crazy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home